Friday, November 22, 2013

"One Thing/Fun Thing" for Fri. Nov. 22




A huge hit tonight for everyone involved at the Family Fun Night at Diefenbaker. It wasn't even hard for me to decide what to write about on a Fun Friday- it already had Fun in the title... This date had originally been booked as a Family Fun Night, but due to the changes in the copyright laws (post October) which would have required us to purchase a license, the PAC decided to roll the dice a bit and plan an interactive night for the kids. There were stations, raffles and, of course, food. After completing 5 stations (and receiving the stamps to prove it), the kids were able to show their stamped card and receive cotton candy or popcorn. I took my two kids, and they had a blast. My son wasn't even feeling well when he got there, but that didn't last long. Maybe their first opportunity to ever eat cotton candy had something to do with it, but I think it was the great activities! Talking with a few parents, people seemed to agree that it was better than a movie night anyway as people could move around and talk, which, is the whole idea of one of these evenings in the first place...

Anyway, the PAC put on a great night with assistance from Amanda as well as about 20 student leaders from our local High School (McMath). Since I have been at Diefenbaker, we haven't had many events that involved the high school students, but they did a great job and I think we should continue to build on this success.

The highlight of the night for my family was my daughter winning the "Guess the Candy" draw. After a preliminary estimate of "one million" pieces of candy, she lowered her guess to 900 and was the closest to the actual total of 852. It's a good thing I didn't throw in my two cents worth, because my guess would've been much closer to my son's of 450...


Gotta make sure they brush their teeth...

No comments:

Post a Comment