Tuesday, November 5, 2013

"One Thing" for Tues. Nov. 5

For those following since the beginning, and know about the "One Thing" theme, I actually heard the Finger Eleven song yesterday on my way to pick my kids up from after school care.

Today's "One Thing" is a bit more of a thank you "shout out" to a friend of mine. This is a friend of mine who used to be just a colleague. He is someone I learned a lot from when working alongside of him at a previous school and someone that I began doing things in my classroom because he was doing them. Then I think he began cycling to work because I was riding my bike. It's funny how that works. Anyway, I feel that he inspired me and he has recently left teaching to follow his real passion and I think that it was a great move (and perhaps an overdue one) for him. On Monday he came to my school to help me with something that I needed help with but is in his new field of expertise. Not because he had to, but because he wanted to (I think). I appreciated the help and now the project that we are hoping to launch (more about that in this space later) should be able to get off the ground. Would it have been able to without his direct assistance? Probably. But it sure was nice to have the guidance.

In the words of Ringo, Paul, George and John: "Oh I get by with a little help from my friends"

No comments:

Post a Comment