Thursday, January 30, 2014

"One Thing" for Thurs. Jan. 30

Ski Day!

Got up just after 5:00 am this morning (and living pretty close to the school, I'm sure that was later than some), in order to get there for our bus ride to Blackcomb for skiing with our grade 6/7's. What a great day. Essentially, the whole thing was organized by our grade 6 Late French Immersion teacher, Mr. Nick Ardanaz. He did a fantastic job and the day went off without a hitch.

Here is the view from my seat on the super comfy bus. It's also not a great place to sit. Right beside the bathroom door. About 30 minutes before our arrival in Whistler, one of our students, waiting for the bathroom politely threw up in my lap. Fortunately I had not yet changed into my ski clothes so was able to change. It turns out that was the only problem on our bus, but there were five or so students that were sick on the other bus.



Here are a couple of shots of Ms. Matheson and Ms. Mathis on one of the runs?



And a couple of the students getting their gear on:



Anyway, it was a great way for many of the students to get a day to go downhill skiing and for many it was an introduction as it was the first time for many. Personally, I hadn't been skiing for about 18 years. I was snowboarding regularly about 15 years ago, but figured I might not be able to remember how to do that as well as remembering how to ski. It was a good decision as I am in one piece, although I'm still a bit sore as I write this...



No comments:

Post a Comment