Tuesday, December 10, 2013

"One Thing" for Tues. Dec. 10

Firstly, I apologize if Monday's post wasn't up. It was done, it looks like I may have not hit update as I walked away from the computer last night...

Today was family skate night at Minoru Arena. I got to take my children (who attend Gilmore) and there were actually a few other siblings from other schools there too which was neat to see.



As the "Winter Wonderland" wasn't open yet it was just the regular large arena for us, but that might have been a good thing because it was a really well-attended event. I think the highlight for many might have been the hot chocolate (Thanks to the parents who set that up!) Otherwise, it was a great function despite being in the middle of a busy Christmas week.

Anyway, it is great to attend events that aren't at school as it can be a more casual atmosphere and a chance to talk with parents and children that you might not see at school during the course of the day due to work schedules and things like that. Not that I had much time to chat tonight as I had a skating "Kling on" in the form of my daughter. She skates well by herself, but loves to skate the way we always have done it, together. And I had no problem with that...

No comments:

Post a Comment