Thursday, February 13, 2014

"One Thing" for Wed. Feb 12 and Thurs. Feb 13

I'm going to blame it on being out of my blogging routine, having missed Monday due to Family day and then also Tuesday due to it being a Professional Development Day, but I missed my first blog post for a school day since I started this. Or I could blame it on the fact I just turned forty and have lost my memory. But I don't think so.

Enough excuses. Onto the blog.

With team Canada's hockey teams playing (the Women defeated the USA yesterday and the Men beat Norway this morning) the Olympics are officially in full swing around here. Obviously, the "Buzz" is nowhere near what it was four years ago with the Olympics being here in Richmond and Vancouver. It is neat to see random people and know that as Canadians we are cheering for our athletes to do well.

It is also neat to see the students at school getting involved and learning about some of the (lesser known) winter sports (some of which Canada is even good at)! In my French class, we have been studying sports, winter sports, various countries and most recently the winter Olympics to prepare ourselves for the big event. Some students are actually getting exposed to an aspect of being Canadian that they might not have known about. For instance, how seriously we take our hockey! I think that's great and one of the great benefits of the $42 billion dollars it costs to run the Olympics.

And here at Diefenbaker, we're doing it all "en français because we are a Late French Immersion School.

Here are some of the sports:



Our Billboard:


And the medal count. Canada's in second according to my researchers!

No comments:

Post a Comment